The Pagan Student Association at The Ohio State University has two lists: a
ListServ and a Yahoo! Group. Below you will find the info on how to subscribe to
the PSA ListServ and what the guidelines are for that list.
To subscribe to the main PSA email list, mail to email@example.com
subscribe PSA Your Name
into the body of the message.
Pagan Student Association at the Ohio State University
1) No forwards. The only exception to this guideline is if the message is extremely relevant to the group as a whole, in which case all 'carrots' (>) should be removed from the message as well as all the previous recipients.
2) No attachments of any kind. There are to be no exceptions. Only text should be sent to the list and it is easy enough to copy and paste whatever information you wish to share.
3) All messages should be directed to the whole group, not just one or two people in the group. While its understandable that you may loose someone's e-mail address and/or the soon to be generated contact sheet, if you need that person's e-mail address before the next meeting, please contact one of the co-chairs or the listserv manager privately and they will give you that person's e-mail address.
4) Messages should be meaningful, not, for example, "How's it going, guys?"
5) Please do not format messages in HTML. Use only plain text for all messages going to the list. (drop me a line if you think you may be guilty of this but don't know how to stop. We'll arrange an intervention.)
6) The purpose of the e-mail list is mainly for announcements, both official PSA business announcements as well as announcements for social gatherings or other events. However, we do also have discussions on the list and here are some guidelines for those discussions:
a. Please read all relevant postings BEFORE responding; do not send four messages to the list in response to four messages originally posted. Only send one message summarizing your views.
7) Remember, everyone makes mistakes. Heck, even I do. If you screw up, don't post an apology unless you think it's really necessary. (Or one is requested.)
b. Of course, be respectful of other people's opinions. This includes not only the people on the list itself, but also anyone and everyone else. Do not mock belief systems, political views, etc.
c. If the discussion turns out to be only between two, three or four people, then it should be moved to private e-mail and not take place on the listserv.
d. Please do not go off on tangents, especially if no one else follows you.
e. Make sure that the discussion pertains explicitly to PSA, i.e. it deals with Pagan issues, Ohio State issues, etc.
f. Please do not send test messages. If you must send a test message, please make *absolutely* sure that it does not just say "TEST", but that it is also relevant to the group (i.e. make an announcement or ask a question or SOMETHING!)
g. Feel free to respond publicly (on list) to a question that is addressed to the group. Just remember to watch and see if the discussion continues with one or two members, as per 6c above.
h. Be polite.
8) Under NO circumstance may anyone allude to the acceptance of underage drinking at any PSA event, period.
9) Feel free to ask the Co-Chairs anything. Really. They don't care. Heck, ask me anything. You can all email us off list, if you want.
Content © 2003, Michael J Dangler
Updated on 11/25/2003. Site Credits / Email Me!
Basic site design from ADF.org
(Yes, I stole it!)